The assay operations scientist will be a key member of the in-vitro pharmacology group at Kallyope who will guide the assay operations team in developing, qualifying, and executing biochemical and cell-based assays for drug discovery programs. This is a “lead from the bench” role and is expected to be an operational resource for the in-vitro team from cell line development to assay execution.
- Develop biochemical and cell-based assay according to program needs and company-wide priorities.
- Optimize, validate, and troubleshoot assay for robustness, sensitivity, reproducibility.
- Oversee the mammalian cell culture work (development, validation, maintenance, and cell banking).
- SAR driving assays for lead optimization programs.
- Communicate effectively to understand the needs of the different program teams in the company.
- Data management – responsible for data quality and timely distribution.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
You must have:
- Ph.D. with relevant experience or MS with at least 10 years experience in pharma/biotech.
- Broad knowledge of pharmacological targets (e.g., receptors, channels, transporters transcription factors and enzymes)
- Demonstrated understanding of quality parameters in assay development and optimization
- Diversified technical expertise in mammalian cell culture, biochemical and cell-based assays, etc.
- Experience working with automated liquid handling systems
- Commitment to detailed work planning and data organization
- Ability to balance organization and productivity in face of rapidly changing priorities
Additional preferred experience includes:
- Automated data handling “from plate reader to dose-response curves” is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of ion channel assays
- GPCR pharmacology
- Biochemical and biophysical assays
- Experience working with pluripotent stem cells
- Mentoring and guiding research associates