We are seeking a highly creative, self-motivated medicinal chemist with experience in drug discovery to work as a member of an integrated team developing a novel platform for the discovery of new drug targets leading to transformational therapeutics. The successful applicant will contribute to the drug discovery process from target identification through candidate nomination and will have the unique opportunity to impact multiple therapeutic programs driven by Kallyope’s cutting-edge biology on the gut and gut-brain axis. They will also assume responsibility for maintaining Kallyope’s internal compound collection and will contribute to formulation efforts through basic physicochemical characterization of compounds.
Candidates for this position will be well-versed in the role of medicinal chemistry in the target identification / validation space and have intimate knowledge of all phases of the drug discovery process. Ability to think creatively and solve problems is a must.
- Contribution to drug discovery programs from lead identification and optimization to development candidate nomination
- Synthesis of biologically active molecules
- Maintenance of the internal compound collection through oversight of compound registration and inventory
- Basic physicochemical characterization of molecules to optimize preclinical formulations
Qualifications and Education Requirements
You must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or related discipline
- Laboratory experience in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry
- Working knowledge of modern synthetic organic chemistry and techniques including LCMS analysis
- Familiarity with chemical database and IT tools
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting
Additional preferred experience includes:
- Experience in a related field, e.g., drug metabolism, pharmaceutical science
- Computer programing skills