We are seeking a self-motivated chemist to work as a member of an integrated team focused on the discovery of new drug targets leading to transformational therapeutics. The successful applicant will assume primary responsibility for maintaining Kallyope’s internal compound collection and coordinating compound logistics. They will also contribute to drug discovery and formulation efforts through synthesis and basic physicochemical characterization of compounds. This represents a unique opportunity to impact multiple therapeutic programs driven by Kallyope’s cutting-edge biology on the gut and gut-brain axis.
Candidates for this position will be familiar with basic synthetic chemistry methodology and laboratory equipment. Ability to think creatively and solve problems is a must.
- Maintenance of the internal compound collection through oversight of compound registration, inventory and distribution
- Synthesis of biologically active molecules
- Basic physicochemical characterization of molecules to optimize preclinical formulations
Qualifications and Education Requirements
You must have:
- BS in chemistry
- Basic working knowledge of modern synthetic organic chemistry and techniques including LCMS analysis
- Familiarity with chemical database and IT tools
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting